mandag 16. november 2009

The rise of the B-man!

So, as all of you probably already know, last friday (the 13th) was the Day of the B-men, or people who do not especially care for waking up at ungodly hours to do stuff that they not nessecarily feel like doing, as work and stuff, but also simple tasks as moving out of the bed. Anyway, I celebrated the day as it should be celebrated, without knowing of it. Basicly I overslept till 14:00, but being an experienced B-man I still managed to pull off most of the stuff I had planned to do, like eating breakfast and existing and stuff. Even managed to win the quiz at the physics-bar, earning a free beer! Hooray!

Then at saturday I was supposed to make a cake, and managed to pull off the second characterizing feat of me as a person: Procrastination and delays! I was meant to be at a party at 20:00, and figured starting the baking-process at 19:00 was smart. After splashing together all the ingredients I realised the recipe says "Put in the oven for 1h40mins". Now, this causes problems, even for physicists. I could of course start making a time machine, but the paradoxal thing about those are that if you use an infinite amount of time making one (given that you don't die meanwhile), and actually finish it, you will have time for it. But if you should not be able to make it, you just waste a lot of time. Most people end up wasting a lot of time, so I figured I would just chill out a bit instead.

So, 1h20 minutes later, I start making the glazing! The time is sneaking towards 22:00 at this time (not quite sure how that happened, but there might be a logical explanation). at 22:20 the cake is done, the glazing is however very liquid still, after spending quite some time in the freezer as an emergency solution. After it finally stiffens, I put it on the cake (Which is still hot), and finally get moving! Halfway down the stairs I notice my coat is brown, the stairs are brown, my scarf is made of chocolate, and I hate the world. Ah well, I managed to get to the party at 23:30ish after cleaning my coat etc and pouring off most of the glazing, and I remember the next 2-3 hours. After that I woke up at my office on a couch wondering who I was, where I was, why I was there and where my coat was. I went home and slept. Life is good.

Today I'm back at CERN. I'm bored, waiting for my room to get ready so I can check in, and to be honest I doubt I'll get any work done today as the evil A-men managed to set up my flight at 6:30 this morning, meaning I had to take the airportbus at 5:00, and hence didn't sleep tonight. I are tired, and I ramble. Hopefully I managed to share my boredom a bit with the innocent reader of this. Not really sure what this blog-entry was about, I might have to try again later.

I want a squirrel

2 kommentarer: